The Kano state government revealed that nine people in the state sentenced to death between a period of nine months after found guilty of various offences.
Baba Jibo-Ibrahim, the spokesperson for the state’s ministry of justice, told Premium Times that the sentences passed on the convicts from January to August 2020.
He, however, noted that none of these convicts on death row executed as they have appealed the judgment of the initial courts.
The BBC Hausa service reported that seven of the convicts found guilty of homicide, one person guilty of rape, and another was guilty of blasphemy.
According to Premium Times, below are the names of the convicts and their offences:
1. Ali Abdullahi condemned to death for homicide
2. Yakubu Dalha sentenced to death for murder by a high court.
3. Abdullahi Isyaku found guilty of murder by the state high court.
4. Mujahid Sa’id sentenced to death for murder by Court 13 of the high court.
5. Naziru Ya’u found accountable of murder by Court 1 of the high court.
6. Shehu Ado Shehu found guilty of murder by Court 6 of the high court.
7. Isah Auta sentenced for murder by Court 1 of the high court.
8. Yahaya Aminu sentenced to death for blasphemy by an Upper Sharia Court.
9. Mati Abdu sentenced to death Upper Sharia for rape by an Upper Sharia Court.