2. What data we collect
We may collect information that can identify, contact, or locate you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you.
- information users provide to us, directly or via a third-party registration service for the purpose of registering with us or our group companies
- a user’s entry details for a competition or promotion
- information users provide to us when users interact with our customer service team
- information users provide when users participate in our surveys or marketing promotions
- information from a user’s social media profile to populate their profile on our platforms
- statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, website and app navigation, IP address and standard web log information
3. How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- administer our platforms; provide the Service requested by the user;
- improving the browsing experience by personalizing the Service to the user;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to the user
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering
- to notify users about changes to our Service
- send out email alerts, text messages notifications or device notifications in relation to our Service
- send users prizes won via the platforms, and supply services purchased via our platforms
- send notices and invoices to users, and collect payments from them
- deal with enquiries and complaints
- understand user trends and patterns
- develop aggregate analysis in respect of our users and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
Cookies are usually a string of numbers and/or letters that a website transfers to a User’s hard drive. Similar technologies include pixel tags and web storage and other technologies, and we refer to all these things as “cookies” in this section. The cookies enable the platforms to “remember” you, either for the duration of your visit (session cookies) or for repeat visits (persistent cookies). On this platform, we use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential to enable the user to navigate around the platform securely and to provide the user with Services they have specifically requested.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies enhance the functionality of the platforms by storing user preferences. For instance, they can remember your name and location, if you provide this information and the types of content you are interested in.
- Performance cookies – These cookies improve the performance of the platforms. For instance, they help pages load quicker.
- Analytics cookies – We may use third party analytics services such as Google Analytics and others. Your IP address and other information will be collected by automated means to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, identify user patterns and provide related services.
5. Our Advertising Partners
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit. Note that Naijablaze has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
6. Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
7. Your right to opt-out
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link in a marketing email. Please note that even after you opt-out of marketing messages, we may still communicate with you by email for administrative and informational purposes unrelated to marketing.
8. GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
9. Children’s Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
***Last Updated: 16.05.2020